The Veterinary Assisting diploma program is a 35-credit hour program that can be completed in as little as 10 months. This program provides veterinary assisting students the opportunity to take classes both on campus and online using a hybrid learning environment. This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as an assistant to a veterinarian or Veterinary Technician. HCI College’s Veterinary Assisting program covers the essential skills you need to be part of this fast-growing industry.
• 10-Month Diploma Program
• Hybrid Classes – Each class includes an online & on campus portion
• Hands-on Training
• A set of required materials, textbooks, laptop and uniforms are provided at no additional cost.
• Financial Aid available to those who qualify
VETERINARY ASSISTING PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Learn about animal care; preparation of exam rooms; assisting in filling prescriptions and setting up lab work; helping with animal nursing; and learn front desk tasks such as customer service and clerical responsibilities.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Veterinary Assistant Right for you?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Veterinary Assistant Career Training Readiness Score Now>>
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• Learn Animal anatomy and physiology, veterinary terminology, and animal care activities.
• Through hands-on lab experiences, students will learn how to keep medical and imaging records, offer client education, assist with nursing duties, prepare for surgeries, and assist in a routine exam.
• Before graduation students will spend 180 hours in an externship working side-by-side with a veterinary team.
During the externship you will develop real world practice by admitting patients, handle animals, interpret pet behavior and maintain proper housing, sanitation and nutrition. As part of our Veterinary Assisting program’s externship, students must complete 180 hours under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician.
If you are considering Veterinary Assisting schools in Florida, contact HCI College admissions today to schedule a visit and find out how you can earn your Veterinary Assisting diploma.