The Veterinary Assisting diploma program is a 35-credit hour program that can be completed in as little as 10 months. This program provides veterinary assisting students the opportunity to take classes both on campus and online using a hybrid learning environment. This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as an assistant to a veterinarian or Veterinary Technician. HCI College’s Veterinary Assisting program covers the essential skills you need to be part of this fast-growing industry.
• 10-Month Diploma Program
• Hybrid Classes – Two days online & two days on campus per week
• Small and large breed recognition
• Hands-on Training
• A set of required materials, textbooks, laptop and uniforms are provided at no additional cost.
• Financial Aid available to those who qualify
VETERINARY ASSISTING PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Learn about animal care; preparation of exam rooms; assisting in filling prescriptions and setting up lab work; helping with animal nursing; and learn front desk tasks such as customer service and clerical responsibilities.
Ready to take the first step towards a new career as a Veterinary Assistant? Schedule an appointment with an admissions representative today to talk about your goals.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• Learn Animal anatomy and physiology, veterinary terminology, and animal care activities.
• Through hands-on lab experiences, students will learn how to keep medical and imaging records, offer client education, assist with nursing duties, prepare for surgeries, and assist in a routine exam.
• Before graduation students will spend 180 hours in an externship working side-by-side with a veterinary team.
During the externship you will develop real world practice by admitting patients, handle animals, interpret pet behavior and maintain proper housing, sanitation and nutrition. As part of our Veterinary Assisting program’s externship, students must complete 180 hours under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician.
No GED? No High School Diploma? Our Eligible Career Pathway Program that provides the opportunity for qualified students without a GED or high school diploma to enroll in our GED Prep course and one of HCI’s designated diploma programs at the same time!
AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
1764 North Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
1201 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 101
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309