Associate Degree in Emergency Medical Services – 100% Online
You can earn your Associate Degree in EMS in as little as 6 months, if you are a certified Paramedic. It requires 15 credit hours to go from Paramedic to AS in EMS. You will take English Composition I, English Composition II or SPC 2608 Communications, Liberal Arts Mathematics or MTA 1030 Intermediate Algebra, Introduction to Psychology, and a history course.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN EMS DESCRIPTION
The Associate of Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services (AS in EMS) prepares individuals who are seeking career advancement or increased employment opportunities in the field of Emergency Medical Services.
A combination of the EMT- Paramedic curriculum and the general education courses offered by HCI College enable the students to obtain an Associate of Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services.
- 100% Online – 5 Classes
- Graduate in as little as 6 months
- Career Advancement
- Increased Employment Opportunities
- Must be a Paramedic or obtain a Paramedic Diploma prior to enrolling
- Contact an admissions representative to review HCI College entrance requirements
The goal of the AS in EMS program is to prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to advance their careers in the health and public safety. It also helps develop and promote these competencies so as to serve in new and advanced career positions in Emergency Medical Services in the State of Florida. These career advancements aim to enable graduates to collaborate and consult with organizations that are committed to the community.
Earn an Associate of Science in Emergency Medical Services to learn the following:
- Cognitive ability to comprehend, apply and evaluate the clinical information relative to their role in Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Technical proficiency in all psychomotor skills necessary to fulfill their role in Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Demonstrate effective personal behaviors consistent with professional demeanor.
- Ability to manage a team of rescuers, to supervise and perform assessment scenarios.
- Become familiar with the hospital environment including but not limited to policies, practices, equipment, and skills as they relate directly and or indirectly to the field.
If you are considering advancing your career in the Emergency Medical field, contact HCI College admissions today. Find out how you can earn your Associate of Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services online.
*Graduates from this program will receive their degree from the West Palm Beach campus.