Financial Aid and Registrar Coordinator
While this position reports to the Director/Manager of Financial Aid, the position has a dotted line reporting responsibility the System Registrar. This position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, confidentiality, and maintenance of student records in compliance with all federal, state and accreditation regulations in both the Financial Aid and Registrar offices.
This position is required to work in a fast-paced environment while independently managing multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. All duties must be conducted in accordance with the mission, vision, and core values of HCI, serving as a positive, professional assistant for students, faculty, and staff in the areas of customer service, respect, communication, collaboration, and excellence. The Financial Aid and Registrar Coordinator (FARC) must be able to demonstrate a sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty and staff from multicultural backgrounds and demonstrate commitment to HCI’s comprehensive learning programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students and parents to apply for Federal Student Aid and private funding for their program.
- Provide information to students and parents regarding financial aid program requirements and application procedures. Provide information on rights and responsibilities.
- Review financial aid application information, forms and documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide entrance and exit counseling to prospective and current students.
- Provide accurate responses or guidance on questions, inquiries, or requests for information from students or parents.
- Coordinate appointments for students who need to meet with the Financial Aid Department.
- Assist with financial aid document collection efforts.
- Create and label new student files.
- Scan and link student documents and files into the appropriate Student Information System.
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate files and paperwork.
- Audit forms for completion in accordance with procedures.
- Update student information and records.
- Perform clerical duties and handle phone calls.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Admissions and other campus personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors and partners.
- Remain current on all applicable laws and regulations; ensure compliance in all areas.
- Participate in training, meetings, and events as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of Federal Student Aid programs and guidelines.
- Excellent communications, administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and a commitment to outstanding student service.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and consistently in writing and verbally, with prospective students, external agencies, and to work cooperatively with all colleagues as a member of a team.
- Ability to achieve goals and objectives and works effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Minimum education requirement of high school diploma.