How to Earn an Online Nursing Degree at Home
Becoming a nurse is, for many people in the healthcare or medical profession, the ultimate goal in their careers.
Nursing is a challenging, rewarding and sustainable profession in which millions of people feel they find their calling. But no matter how rewarding the career, sometimes the journey to it is stacked with roadblocks that can feel like they hinder your ability to move forward. For both traditional students pursuing their first foray in higher education and non-traditional students in search of a career change or a later-in-life start to their career, life and other responsibilities can make going to school for nursing seem impossible. Luckily, Health Career Institute offers a flexible educational journey with online courses to get and keep you on course.
Why Online for a Nursing Degree?
Online education is the perfect option for people who:
● Live far away from a main campus and have a hard time making a long commute
● Are caregivers or guardians to elder family members or children who cannot be unattended
● Do not have means of transportation or who are outside of public transit’s range
● Find learning more accessible when it’s done in specific/non-classroom environments or outside traditional class hours
● Must work part- or full-time to afford tuition or to support themselves or family
If any of the above apply, online learning can remove the obstacles and start you on your way to your degree.
HCI’s Online BSN Degree
The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) is a 100% online program that students can complete in just over a year—56 weeks—for a quick transition into a new line of work after obtaining an ASN (associate’s degree in nursing). It can be extended longer to accommodate busier schedules or tighter finances as well. These courses can all be taken from the comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop or local library. You are free to regulate your time as it fits with your life, rather than the alternate struggle of squeezing work, chores, classes, and homework in chaotically.
To learn more about HCI’s BSN program and how you can become a nurse from your living room, click here.