ANIMAL CAREGIVER SCHOLARSHIP
The Animal Caregiver Scholarship will be available to new applicants enrolling in the HCI College Veterinary Assistant academic program.
The Animal Caregiver Scholarship is awarded based on one (1) of the qualifying requirements listed below. Applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- The applicant must be currently employed in a veterinary practice in any capacity.
- The applicant must be currently employed in any type of facility involving animal care such as an equine center, zoo, the Humane Society, or animal sanctuaries of any kind.
- The applicant has completed at least 50 hours of volunteer work in the care of animals in the past 12 months.
- The applicant is currently employed for a commercial pet retailer such as PetSmart or Petco.
- The applicant is currently employed as a pet groomer.
- The applicant has successfully completed at least one animal care class in high school.
- The applicant was a member of the Future Farmers of America in high school.
For more information download the HCI College Animal Caregiver Scholarship
ASSOCIATE OF NURSING SCHOLARSHIP
Objective of this scholarship program is to encourage the timely application, preparation, testing, and success on the NCLEX-RN exam for first time testers. To qualify, the candidate must provide their Director of Nursing with all the following documentation:
- Upon successfully fulfilling the graduation requirements and any assigned remediation the Director of Nursing will approve and release official transcripts to the Florida Board of Nursing for an Authorization to Test (ATT). ***The student is required to provide a copy of the e-mail with the ATT from the Florida Board of Nursing to the Director of Nursing within seven calendar days of receipt.
- The student is required to submit the e-mail confirmation of the Pearson Vue scheduled test date within seven calendar days of receipt.
- The student is required to provide a copy of their Nursing license, including the license number from the Florida Board of Nursing website.
- The student is required to provide verification of employment to the Director of Career Services, including employer name, employer address, supervisor name, and start date as an RN, if applicable.
After verification of passing the NCLEX-RN on the first attempt, the student will receive a scholarship payment of $1,000. The student must test within 45 days of receiving Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Board of Nursing to receive the $1,000 payment.
For more information download the Associate of Nursing Scholarship Application form
DR. STEVEN KEEHN SCHOLARSHIP
Guidelines: The HCI College Dr. Steven Keehn Scholarship will be available for all active Emergency Services Personnel employed as a Paramedic with an HCI College approved Fire Department. The scholarship is applicable only for the Associate of Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services program.
- The student must be enrolled in the Associate of Science in Emergency Medical Services degree.
- The student must be taking at least three credits per term/six per semester.
- Provide proof of Paramedic Licensure and/or provide proof of active employment as an Active Emergency Services Personnel role. i.e.- Offer letter, official letterhead document from Human Resources Department, President/CEO or hiring manager.
- This scholarship can only be used to cover direct cost incurred by the student (e.g., tuition, fees, etc.). It cannot be used to cover other educationally related expenses that a student may have (e.g., travel, room & board, etc.). If eligible scholarship recipients receive other forms of financial aid funds that cover all the direct intuitional costs for the program, the recipient will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
The HCI College Dr. Steven Keehn Scholarship will be awarded $1,135 per class at the beginning of each semester not to exceed $5,675 in total. To apply, students should provide above documents to the Campus President for approval.
For more information download the Dr. Steven Keehn Scholarship Application